Tuesday 9 July 2013

TOP Event : girlsonTOP exclusive interview with Queenie Chan [Part 1]

TOP Event : girlsonTOP exclusive interview with Queenie Chan [Part 1]

GirlsonTOP attended the opening party of Queen's Wonderland at Miramar mall on the 6th,
and got a chance to do an exclusive interview the host of this party, Miss. Queenie Chan/QQ


 For those of you that don't know her (which we highly doubt if you're from Hong Kong at all),
Queenie is a beauty guru based in HK,
also known as the Pro of the pros on HK beauty youtube channels.  


So here goes part 1 of the interview..

"Age is not a factor, attitude is the main theme.
Be ready to play, be ready to lose."
TOP girls: We know that you have had a long history in blogging and youtubing,
we want to know how many years has it been, and also what got you started.
Queenie: Many people blog about different topics:
food, fashion, beauty, politics, etc.
I blog about Everything which makes me happy –
DIY, beauty, food, pretty things.
Of course, I talk about my personal life or some sentimental topics occasionally.
Not that I needed attention from anyone,
but I think it is a form of self-therapy,
and for certain I hope my blog can touch some lost souls out there, too.

Queenie with Fergie (we believe), her chihuahua in Queen's wonderland
TOP girls: Any particular things you don't write/blog about? Something that contradicts your belief?
Queenie: I don’t blog about gossips or happenings in the entertainment industry.
Being a blogger I think is best to talk about myself, my life,
why would I want to talk about anybody else?

Yancy taking a stroll around Queen's wonderland,
playing with the magnetic deco
TOP girls: What has been the biggest difficulty in your blogging journey?
Queenie: The most difficult period has to be the beginning.
It is a long lasting battle.
If you can persist from the beginning,
you can endure and outlast.
At first when I started blogging on Yahoo in 2006,
I started with double-digit audience.
I was patient enough to reply each comment individually back then.
Of course I still want to do so now,
but it just doesn’t seem very feasible anymore.

It becomes easier once it gets going,
because all you talk about is yourself and your life.
Then, everything you blog about comes to you naturally.

the main theme park of Queen's Wonderland at Miramar Mall
TOP girls: What would you say is your biggest strength in keeping your audience?
How did you build it up when you were no one on the Internet?
Queenie: My selling point is that I am very brave.
I talk about things that people are afraid to talk about.
For example: my plastic surgery, my heart-broken relationship.

I laid it all out on the table for everyone.
That’s why a lot of readers keep following me.
I think I am like a supermarket in the sense that I have a bit of everything for everyone.
The age group of my audience is huge. 



Let's "fu" mask together!


The number of audience didn’t come suddenly.
I built up my style through time. I try to be different.
Many people think I am too outstanding or even outrageous, but this attracts people at the same time.
There was one time,
I bought a real pig head and chicken feet from the supermarket.
I decorated it with my necklaces and blings and did makeup on it, etc.

My “pointless-randomness” (quoted from her “mo liu” in Cantonese) is my entertainment.
I like to document incidents.
From bits and pieces I gradually build up my QQ Blog Empire.


Lusting for Part 2 of QQ's interview? Stay tuned!

Stay on TOP!
L. & Yancy

3 comments:

  1. 好鐘意你扮戴帽張相呀!!!個outfit同個髮型都好靚!!!

    我之前都冇留意你有回留言呀!我又唔知REPLY返o係o個個post你睇唔睇到!!

    講真我好鐘意睇呢個blog,除左私心之外係因為呢個blog有好多資訊係我比較少接觸,同埋每次睇d event post都覺得生活豐富左,因為我本來生活得比較悶⋯⋯

    不過唯一我覺得想提出o既係D post始終係英文,變左好難增加readers/viewers,因為就算D人識英文有時都會懶去睇⋯⋯
    不過我唔知你地o既target audiences 係邊一類,所以唔可以話呢樣野係唔好o既地方

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ria,
      我鍾意你嘅意見呀,都好多謝你咁鍾意我geah blog. 其實我地真係有諗過我一個中文版, 但係原來
      中文版真係需要好多時間, 所以我哋最初開始先選擇寫英文版. 不過依家所有嘢都好似上咗軌道呢, 我哋都會開始寫中文版架! 其實因為我地plan緊好多workshop, giveaway同 deals 俾大家,希望有一日可以做到我被邀請到出席的party我都可以帶埋你哋去, 希望大家可以有多啲真身嘅體驗. 所以都真係比較忙,不過我應承你我地一定會開中文版!
      你可以幫我做到令到我哋做得更好嘅嘢就係可以幫我share同每個post like! 再加埋您的寶貴意見, 我哋會好勤力做好 Girls on TOP架!

      (Yancy)

      Delete
    2. 如果真係可以參與其中的話就好喇,萬分期待!!
      睇完呢個reply,不得不去返我個多D朋友的FB分享呢個網站!!

      未必幫到手,但好野始終有人知的!!支持你!!
      千祈唔係掛住做野唔記得休息!

      Delete